The unexpected can happen whenever you travel, and your trip, your belongings or your health may be at risk. Having the right type of travel insurance is essential for your peace of mind, health and financial protection.
Our staff has the expertise to help you find the travel policy best suited to your travel plans at the best price. As your insurance broker, we deal with first-class Canadian travel insurance companies who offer excellent customer service should you have an emergency. They provide:
• Quick service in the language of your choice
• Toll-free access 24 hours a day (keep their number with you)
• Out-of-country emergency assistance
• Transport back home if needed
• Treatment plan review from doctors on staff
…and much more.
Travel with peace of mind. Contact us to inquire about your travel insurance options.
“Some out-of-country hospitals won't even admit you without proof of health insurance.”
This is a true story reported to us in February 2008.
One of our clients had this experience while travelling in the US. On a fishing expedition, he got a large fishhook right through his hand. The injury was very painful, and medical help was needed to remove the hook. The man waited several hours at the hospital, but no one looked at his hand. At that point his wife went back to their hotel, and returned with their travel insurance certificate. As soon as they showed this to the hospital staff, he was given immediate attention.
• Make sure to bring your insurance certificate on your trip, and have it handy at all times. You may find it convenient to keep it with your passport.
• Keep insurance company numbers stored in a separate location. (It is also a good idea to copy down the credit card service number found at the back of your credit card in case it is lost or stolen.)
• Take your provincial health card along.
• Save your receipts (keep copies).
• Submit your claim as soon as possible; be aware of time limits.
• Phone the emergency claims number for your travel medical insurance immediately, or as soon as is physically possible, if you need to be admitted to hospital.
• Most policy applications ask questions about your current health and about past problems and conditions. The insurance company may not cover medical expenses related to these pre-existing conditions, including conditions you control by medication or treatment. Be sure to discuss any chronic condition with us - particularly if your doctor made a recent change in your medication.
• Few policies will cover your medical treatment if your injuries are caused by a dangerous sport, substance abuse or war.
• Some policies will not cover you if you're traveling to certain countries or have reached a certain age.
• No travel health policy will cover you for non-emergencies, or what is called elective surgery. You can't use your policy to go outside Canada for routine health care, even if your physician recommends the treatment.
• Plans for Canadians
• Plans for Visitors to Canada
• Plans for International Students
• Plans for Expatriates
• Optional Coverage
• Emergency excess hospital and medical plans
• Trip cancellation
• Trip interruption
• Air flight accident
• Rental car protection
• Damage protection
• USA coverage only
• Worldwide coverage
• Seniors worldwide coverage
• Accidental death and disablement
• All inclusive holiday package – single trip
Ask about multi trip annual versus single trip.
Travel with peace of mind.
Contact us to inquire about your travel insurance options.